Washington, DC newcomers, Mason Dixie Biscuit Co., will be popping up at the Dolcezza Gelato Factory on Saturday, August 2nd and Sunday, August 3rd, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day.
Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. is DC’s first biscuit company and has gained substantial buzz through their kickstarter campaign, and are now ready to share their homemade southern dishes with Washingtonians.
During the pop up, MDBC will be serving a menu of:
• Breakfast biscuit: Benton’s bacon, fried egg, Landaff cheddar, maple aioli
• Biscuit sandwich: Fried Chicken Biscuit with bacon, honey, cayenne
• Biscuit platter: Country gravy and biscuits
• Biscuits and spreads: Two homestyle biscuits with stone fruit and herb jam and hazelnut honey butter
• Sides: Collards and/or Macaroni Salad
• Beverages: Homemade sweet tea or Blueberry thyme lemonade
Prices range from $4.50 to $8 for main dishes, $2 for sides, and $2 to $3 for drinks.
Dolcezza will also be premiering the Mason Dixie Coppetta, a gelato sundae with Sweet Corn Gelato, Homemade Black Raspberry Jam, and MDBC biscuit crumbles. Even better, this will also be available as a biscuit sandwich!
Check out MDBC’s kickstarter here.